Almost Sugar Free Apple Dump Cake…
Have I got a treat for you today!!! Grandma introduced us to this recipe this past weekend and it is to die for!!!!! My friends “Lil Man” who is 8 months old absolutely loved it! She was sharing her cake with him and he would fuss when she tried to take a bite of HER cake!!! It was hilarious!
We made our dump cake with yellow cake mix and apple pie filling. There are so many different combinations that you could do.
Chocolate Cake and Cherry Pie Filling
White Cake and Peach Filling
White Cake and Blueberry Filling
The list is endless…
2 cans No Sugar Added Apple Pie Filling
1 Sugar Free Yellow Cake Mix
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
1/4 tsp. Ginger
1 cup Melted Butter
1. Grease a 9×13 baking pan
2. Evenly spread the 2 cans of apple pie filling in the bottom of the pan
3. In a separate bowl, mix the yellow cake mix (just the cake mix, do not make according to the package), cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg together.
4. In a separate bowl, melt the butter in the microwave
5. Evenly spread the dry cake mix mixture over the pie filling
6. Evenly pour the butter over the top of the cake mix.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, until the top is lightly browned.
8. Let cake sit and cool for 1 1/2 hours before serving.
If you use a sugar free cake mix and a no sugar added pie filling, there are only 3-5 grams of sugar in the whole dish. This makes this dish very low in sugar. Just remember, there are still calories there… so eat sparingly!!! It will be difficult, but you can do it!
Linking up with: