iPlanLessons Review and Giveaway…
I am so excited to bring you this Review of iPlanLessons by iHomeEducator. I Love my iPad and was so excited to be able to try out this App and provide a review for it. (Note: iPlanLessons works on your iPod, iPhone, or iPad)
At first, I was a little overwhelmed because I could not quite figure out how to work it; however, iHomeEducator has great tutorials for this App and once I watched the tutorials, it was a snap to use.
This App came at a great time for me because I was getting ready to add Wrestler to our school day. So, I had lots of planning to do. iPlanLessons provides a place for you to create all of your lesson plans whether it be for one student or a classroom of students. Your lesson plans can be as detailed or simplistic as you choose to make them. It is very flexible but provides all of the areas that a teacher needs.
I use my lesson plans more as a guide to keep me on track. I entered each of my students under the “Student” tab. Then I created a class for each of them under the “Class” tab. There is an option to put the books that you are using in the “Resources” tab. This helps you to know what books you need for each particular class. After that, it is just a matter of entering your plans under the “Lessons” tab.
When entering each Lesson, you can enter as much or as little information that you need. Here is a list of the options:
- Name of the Lesson
- Primary Subject
- Duration of Lesson
- Uses What Resources
Having an option to enter Objectives and Standards is ideal for families who homeschool in states that require this. It is also functional for teachers that teach in the private or public school system and have to provide a scope and sequence.
Our state does not require us to provide data on the standards we are meeting or a scope and sequence. I use each of these sections to make notes on the materials we will need and the goals for the lesson.
I really like that I can make notes after the lesson is over. It allows me to keep everything together and to also have records of which concepts were grasped and which concepts still need work.
I am a paper planner girl typically, but I really like the fact that I can easily change the date and I do not have to scratch out on paper and make new notes. It is cleaner and neater and I really like that!
iHomeEducator has some great posts on their blog about iPlan apps. This particular post discusses how SIRI, on the iPhone 4S, works with the iPlan Apps, click here to read.
Would you like more information? Visit either of the links below.
Now on to the Giveaway…
- Leave a comment on this post telling me why you would like to win!
Additional Entries: (Leave a separate comment on this post for each additional entry)
- Follow Momto2monkeys via e-mail - (New follower or faithful reader! Leave a comment letting me know you are following and your e-mail address)
- Like Momto2monkeys on Facebook
- Sign up to receive newsletter from iHomeEducator
- Like iHomeEducator on Facebook
- Share about this giveaway on Facebook (Leave a link to your post on FB)
- Blog about this giveaway (Leave a link to your blog post)
**Giveaway is open from Friday March 16th, 2012 at 6am CST to Wednesday March 21st, 2012 at 11:59pm CST**
The fine print!
- Giveaway is open until 11:59pm CST Wednesday March 21st , 2012. Winners will be announced by Saturday March 24, 2012
- No purchase necessary to win
- Must be 18 years of age or older to enter
- A redemption code will be provided and is redeemable at the Apple iTunes Store
- Be sure to leave a separate comment for each entry, winner will be chosen at random
- Odds of winning is based on the number of entries
- This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administrated, or associated with, Facebook
- Disclosure: iHomeEducator provided me with a complimentary copy of iPlanLessons to review and giveaway on my blog. My opinions have been given openly and honestly and have in no way been influenced by the company or the free product provided.
Can’t wait to win? You can purchase for $9.99 in the iTunes Store iPlanLessons – iHomeEducator